Sunday, January 27, 2008

Going Multidirectional

I have chair seats that look like this:










Not a pretty sight. Rush seats torn and shredded by cats and chewed by rabbits (when they could roam freely 'bout the house B.D. ~ Before Dogs). The results of much shredding and chewing precipitated the need for some of these:










Mitered knitting squares for chair seat covers. This batch of stash is from a couple of years ago using Cotswold dyed with Kool-Aid. This isn't particularly silky wool; doesn't have a good hand. It'll work for utilitarian items such as this, however. As long as you're not nude, of course. I've got some purple Cotswold in the stash too. Rit dyed.

But that's not what I'm here to talk about. What I've been playing with is this:










Multidirectional knitting as offered by Artyarns through her yahoo groups. Interesting tutorials. I thought I might be able to come up with something for seat covers using this new-found technique, but I'm not savvy to the process yet. It takes a bit of thinking in order to work out how to make things stay flat. A little more time and I'm sure I'll be knitting up some quirky and wonderful things on my own.


This is just a snap of the latest, FREE table fountain in the sunroom . . .










My needs are simple. They just require electricity.

1 comment:

wild-heart said...

Didn't you re-cane those chairs a few years back?