Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bjork as the Bomb

I reach a point with a painting where I'm lost, dead in the water. Yesterday, I had wanted to paint, but various occurrences kept me from the easel and that made for a very unhappy Dawn. When I did finally get to my studio corner, I grabbed a flat sable and daubed black paint in a few places. This was enough for the moment, but not enough to satisfy.

Today, however . . .

I decided the blue hands needed a body . . .














I made the connection between the hearts . . .














And outlined them in a shining gold paint . . .















A poem that turned up on this morning's Lunabar . . .













The face will be worked on yet. It's not conveying much right now.

For today, I feel full, I feel like the images are going places and making connections.

Much better.

All done while listening to some of this.

1 comment:

wild-heart said...

I'm really loving her hair, the hearts, and the ocean woman.

And all those octopi and such.

And the rest of it, too.