Thursday, October 25, 2007

Now that the dust has settled . . .

I can tell you that the Skunk Shrug is finished and enjoying its new home with Grace. Since Grace is allergic to wool (shame, that), I used a little Lionbrand Homespun, Red Heart Light & Lofty and the strip was a white chenille whose name escapes me at the moment. The neat thing was that the chenille was less bulkier than the Homespun/Light & Lofty so it puckered at the stripe making it look very skunk-like indeed. A fun quick thing that made someone's day.

Skeins are setting in the upstairs bathroom. I must admit, having ignored this step for too long, I harbor some regrets: the yarn is softer and loftier. I am reformed. Now . . . swatching, the next knitterly hurdle. Baby steps . . .

Feeling strongly that I should use up some leftover of Trekker sock yarn, I'm on the second of a pair of sockettes. Just doing a heel turn and gusset has me eager to make more socks for the upcoming season.

And I did make it the Sheep & Wool. I stopped at Jamie Harmon's wonderfully dyed angora stand and got some more of that. (I swear, I did use all the stuff from last year.) There's more mohair, llama and sheep waiting to be spun. And I've added to the Stinky Fleece pile with some Border Leicester.

I shall now go knit whilst Tom enjoys the jacuzzi . . .

3 comments:

Rose said...

Hi Dawn o rooti: I have successfully accepted your invitation to view your blog. I'll be there with bells on and I'll bring pudding, too.
Love ya,
Rose

Ruth said...

Jacuzzi??? Where is there a jacuzzi? I didn't know you had hot water yet . . .

bwagracie said...

Well, i have to say, it`s the most warm and cozy shrug ive ever had. Actually, it`s the only shrug ive ever had. I`ve finally caught myself up on mohair,and got quite a chuckle remembering our day of bamboo !!! We can always do it again this spring !!!lol