The dogs and I were hanging out in the barbeque pit area of the homestead today. In cleaning the yard, we found the dog tie-outs; a little rusty and no worse for the wear, but still serviceable. This allowed me to sit with a Sam Adams and my dogs (chickens giving a wide berth during our stay) and knit more of the Furlana Hat and Mittens from Knits of a few seasons ago.
I've got the hat done; the gauge is off, so it's a tad large. I'll avoid felting this time. What I did instead was decrease a few stitches after the brim so that the hat would be a little more snug on the pate. What's in progress is the left mitten. I hope I get the right mitten to match ~ the hazards of symmetry. Which is why I generally avoid it.
And this is a corner of my world made a little less shabby . . .