Sunday, September 02, 2007

Another Lazy Sunday

The dogs and I were hanging out in the barbeque pit area of the homestead today. In cleaning the yard, we found the dog tie-outs; a little rusty and no worse for the wear, but still serviceable. This allowed me to sit with a Sam Adams and my dogs (chickens giving a wide berth during our stay) and knit more of the Furlana Hat and Mittens from Knits of a few seasons ago.






I've got the hat done; the gauge is off, so it's a tad large. I'll avoid felting this time. What I did instead was decrease a few stitches after the brim so that the hat would be a little more snug on the pate. What's in progress is the left mitten. I hope I get the right mitten to match ~ the hazards of symmetry. Which is why I generally avoid it.


















And this is a corner of my world made a little less shabby . . .

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Symmetry? YOU?

It just can't happen. The world would grind to a halt.

Looks like Dirk and the dogs were having some quality time.

Looks like you're making your home into your space. What kind of flooring will eventually be put down?