Monday, June 11, 2007

Accomplishements

It is a sad commentary on life that my only thrill is to have an 8-month-old puppy remember to poop out of doors. For a brief moment, I rather thought it had been my only recent accomplishment, but then I took a look around . . .



I've planted tomatoes . . .













Bennie bridged to Junior Girl Scouts . . .













The Fair Isle is done . . .














And we are now Nouveaux Rock . . .
















This is not necessarily an accomplishment, but merely an indication that Dirk and I have finally gone 'round the bend. This Goldie our Colombian Rock rooster. Much to our delight, he seems to be surviving a raccoon attack. Goldie doesn't hold his head up very well, hence the rolled up T-shirt to prop him up, he is eating and doing the other thing not quite out of doors, but does it nonetheless. (Dirk gets clean-up duty on that for once.) As we are eager to see Goldie functional, we're spending an inordinate amount of time holding up his head, making sure he gets a fair feast of bugs and worms, drinking and taking in the sites out side. No crowing and no time with the ladies, but he seems in pretty good spirits otherwise.


Other things that aren't yet accomplishments, but well on the way: painting Tarot images, some Rambouillet spinning on spindle, and designing some Lithuanian symbols in knit ~ all pagan stuff begging to become Something knit-wise. I mean, check these out . . .

1 comment:

Ruth said...

You've lost weight!

What's your secret?

Go Bennie!

Poor Goldie.

You and I have to talk tarot sometime soon. Let's do it when I get back from Canada. I've got thoughts (and that's always a scary thing).