Friday, March 16, 2007

The Mud, the Flock and the Snow

Yesterday, we were contending with mud and perpetually changing tire ruts at the end of our drive. This is the Civic Association's credo for road maintenance ~ If you ignore it, it will go away. In the meantime, we've been getting deliveries from all sorts of venders. FedEx, UPS and assorted others have braved our sodden sod to deliver blueprints, vanity tops and kitchen appliances (to be featured in another post when they're actually installed, please). But not all are deterred by the sloppy circumstances . . .







Chickens adore the mud, probably more than the pigs, because it means easier scratching. I hope easier scratching means more eggs. It seems the hens went back on strike and refuse to lay. I'm down to two green eggs and I'm refusing to buy another dozen. I know one of us will crack first. Sad to say, it'll probably be me. I adore eggs for breakfast.
















Obiwan and I enjoyed a few quiet, muddy moments (if there is such a thing having 8 roosters) with one of the flocks . . .



Today, the mud is gone; replaced by this . . .

And that leaves only one thing to do . . .
Here, Obiwan and I are spinning more of the Green Fiber. (Don't tell, but I've been secretly knitting a throw at night in bed to save my sanity.) Actually, I'm doing a bit of spinning 'twixt and 'tween moving stuff and helping to install carpet ~ photos of that to come soon. I'm also ignoring the laundry.

Nothing spells contentment like a cat on your lap ~ even while spinning.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawnzee: Did you happen to teach Obiwan HOW to spin? And did he misunderstand you and get dizzy?

I hope there will be no more snow. Ever!!!

Rose

Ruth said...

I just love the picture of you, Obi Wan, and the cocks. Such hunkered down contentment in mudville.

Looks like the furbeast keeps himself anchored to your lap via the hind claws. Or maybe he's just doing acupuncture. Hard to tell from that angle.