Friday, February 16, 2007

In Defense of My Absence

In short, I've been busy.

Here is a finished hearth. It would be great to light a fire in it, but the chimney is on hold awhile ~ like until the Nor'easter melts. Would have made quite a cheery photo with a burning fire, too. We'll shoot for April.














This is a working sink installed into our cool new Emerald Green glass tile (by Daltile) counter. Note the pile of clean dishes.
















These are a working pair of laundering appliances. Note the pile of socks waiting to get darned.
















And while even the Aztecs (or was it the Mayans?) had indoor plumbing, we have surpassed their technology by installing a bourgeois heated mat under the Cancun Blue glass tile (Daltile again). We've dubbed this Eric's Toilet. Not only did he gift us with this lovely bit of porcelain, but it also clogs easily. We've dubbed Ian "The Terminator." Note the brand new plunger withing easy grasp.
















This Wrecked Room became the Rec Room just yesterday. I'm not allowing TV's or video games in this space. It is here that youth and children will interact with each other, even against their wills and despite screaming and moaning, without technology.
















In the meantime, I've decided to get back to some long lost knitting projects by spinning green wool. Stick with me, my story gets better . . .

















These are the neglected items:














The striped sweater will be getting those Molly Weasley sleeves I shamelessly purchased from someone who had the time and expertise to figure out the pattern. My Brighid talisman bag needs a strap and a liner. And the Fair Isle needs sleeves ~ hence the green wool spinning. Because I ran out of the green.

And I had to bake stuff for another Brownies Bake sale. My mother is busy baking one cake which lightens my load considerably. The 1-2-3 Celebration Cake should go for $10 ~ it's an old family recipe. Not my family's, but it's cute, cuddly and easily adoptable.

I don't know when I'll have time to paint again. At least I can spin at odd moments and knit in bed ~ good clean, wholesome knitting. No G-strings, please.

No comments: