Friday, December 08, 2006

Goodies Galore!

It arrived at last! Stash wool from Kentucky! (Well, it lived in New York awhile first, then relocated.) My dear friend, Ruth, passed on her stash to me ~ 100% Wooland wool. The colors are beauteous (maximus) and I can't wait to get a large project started with it all. She also sent along these lovely earrings . . . Clearly, I couldn't wait to swatch some of the stash (#11 Brittany's, walnut, I think).


















And this blog booty came earlier in the week from a contest I won here: http://yum.typepad.com/resipsa/ My title was chosen for an unwritten blog entry. I won't give away the title here; but I'll keep an eye out for it.
















Other goodies in progress:
This is the small hearth in the sun room . . .

















This is the oven door . . .















The inside of the oven . . .
















And the kitchen hearth proper . . .















And one more thing: My Beamish Boy at the school's Winter Concert. It's tough trying to be cool when your nerdy parents keep snapping pics on the fly. Poor kid, he doesn't know about that Precious Moments angst yet.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

You got your kitchen woodburning oven and hearth!!! Huzzah, sez I.

I've had that yarn for nearly 20 years. The colors were too lovely to pass up . . . but my reach exceeded my grasp. May you find incredible joy in my overindulgence.

Congrats on Beans. Cool, as in. Nice booty.

Tom looks adorable. When did he turn into a young man???