Friday, November 17, 2006

At the End of My Warp

Flower is helping me with the hem stitching on this throw by weighing down the work-free zone. As you can see, having been out of the weaving loop for so long (6 years, at least), I've got Deborah Chandler's Learning to Weave opened to the appropriate lesson page to get me through the finishing of this project. Rather annoying to realize far too late that I should have hem stitched the beginning of the throw whilst still under tension on the beam, but we'll manage. At least I have the waste weft holding those first few throws in.

I like twill. The foot lever combo keeps my interest without confounding me ~ one, two, two, three, three, four, four, one and so on. It's an easy rhythm and the weave is simple, but filled with interest as eyes glide along the diagonal. Jeans are twill woven, but get caught staring too long at your pants and people question your mental capacity and sanity. So check out the twill on your jeans behind locked doors or start a Jean Twill Gazing club. At least you'll be in good company and can act like you've got full control of all your faculties after the meeting.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Jean Twill, girl reporter at large.

*giggle*