Monday, July 03, 2006

Getting the Hang of Things

The summer vacation has truly begun: arguements over game time (even Bennie has joined in this which is a new twist this year), the clamouring for endless playdates and sleepovers, the bottomless stomach eating activities, the incessant whining about boredom. It's hardly any wonder why other parents send their kids to camp and I just lock myself in the bedroom at around 3:00pm. At least it's better than doing the required summer reading for school. I'll do something different this year and save that for the last minute scramble.

In the meantime, I'm getting through the Fair Isle with the help of some friends. Obiwan spends his time on my lap as I knit figuring I won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Although he does get annoyed with the tickling of the circular needles. And Bohdi, my fiber dog, thought she'd help by removing a ball of the alpaca/mohair blend, attached to said knitting, from the dining room table and completely unravelling it. I spent the better part of an hour unknotting and rewinding the yarn so I could finish the swirl (future photo to come ~ it's so great I can say that now). It's stupid: I still love the dog.

As Dirk is working in Columbia County again, I've begged him to pick up a skein of yarn from the farm where he'd gotten the Ramboulliet fleece. He told me they were about $5 a skein ~ so cheap! Dangerously cheap. Certainly worth checking out.

I think I need to pack just a little so I have some minor feeling of accomplishment.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Pack?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

So happy you've got pictures again!