Saturday, October 22, 2005

So, Woody and I Were Spinning . . .

Sometimes, the best way to get a bulk of spinning done is to pop in a movie and let 'er rip. And that is exactly I what I did. Thankfully, the local library has DVD's free and a pretty fair selection (I've even gotten my mitts on "Sideways"). Yesterday, I had a Woody Allen flick "Hollywood Ending." I visit his movies on rare occasions. It's a lot of belief to suspend when he depicts himself winning back ex-wives or ex-lovers with weird neuroses and hypochondria. Nonetheless, it's movie watching easy enough to spin through ~ at least 1 hour and 85 minutes of spinning. As you can see, I've pretty much filled the spool on my Millie. This dyed mohair, dubbed Rose, has interesting color ranging from deep red wine to amber browns right on to screaming green. I'm thinking fuzzy mohair hat in the style I've seen on the Playground ~ sort of like a fisherman's hat. Golly, that requires a free pattern search! My favorite escapist past time!

Tonight, I'm reading cards at a Halloween party. Donations only ~ I'm rarely comfortable charging folks for something they could do themselves if they bought a book and a deck. I'd once worked for a woman at the Renaissance Faire reading cards. People never came first thing in the morning. It was as if they needed lunch before being dealt their Fates. Perhaps it's an unwritten rule: Never receive a card reading on an empty stomach. Conversely, if you don't wait a half hour after eating you could throw up. I'm also aware that there will be children coming to me . . . I'll need to make those readings short, sweet and fun. What kind of angst could these little beings need answers on? "When will little Susie stop yanking my hair?" "How can I persuade my mother that, at 6 years old, I am fully capable of running my own lumber mill?" "Will Mark, who's in the 2nd Grade, ever be fully accepted by my parents even though I'm a 1st Grader?" and the ever-popular "What is my life's calling after Kindergarten?" Jeez, kid! I'm 40-whatever and I still don't have a clue!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I long to touch this stuff you're spinning . . .

Where are you doing the readings, my astute friend?