Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Odds and Ends

Ah, it's been too long! One Malabrigo sock is finished and the other is begun. The pattern from Spinderella's worked out fine; I just had a little more decreasing to do at the gussets. All in all the One Sock (the One Sock to Rule Them All) fits quite well. I think even Frodo, our wooly-footed hobbit fellow, would appreciate them. I know Gandalf wouldn't mind. Do Ents wear socks when we're not looking? Not one of my cats was available for the shoot. I had to settle for the dining room table. But there you have it.

Also, I've declared the Butterfly Madonna finis. Artists can do that. Just call something done ~ stick it with a fork and serve it up. So . . . I'm done. Time to move on to the next thing.

I would have preferred posting a photo of an installed window unscathed, but alas thanks to some-inconsiderate-one, all I have is a future claims shot. It was nice before that someone jammed a metal rod through the Very Expensive Double-Paned (or is that ~ Pain?) Window. We've been assured by the manufacturer that it can be replaced (for a nominal fee, of course) and that these things occur frequently on job sites. Well, I mean, the nerve! If anyone had a clue as to how far we've come, instead of vandalizing the window they would have dropped to their knees and did a few Hail Marys and Beatitudes, offered up a sacrifice or something. (Can that be done in the same sentence? On this subject, I admit to complete ignorance. So much for that Theology degree I was thinking about.)

On the up side, I might just make it to the Sheep & Wool this weekend. More on that later, I have a few details to tidy up with the Devil on the sale of my soul to make it happen. I think the closing is this Friday.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Better a metal rod than a shotgun hole, I suppose . . .