Sunday, August 21, 2005

Using Anything

After managing household and animal husbandry, I settled in to play on a piece that came as a vision (I think). Working with glass at Kirsten's the other day, the Vision mutated into something that included the found and broken medium. All the colored slivers glimmered like jewels. The stuff itself represented deconstruction and reconstruction simultaneously; it appealed to my sense of artisitc curiosity. Here it is as done so far . . .

Also included in the construction of this piece is Gorilla Glue . . . 'nough said.

Technical Notes: Butterfly Madonna, Oil on gessoed masonite, glass shards and Dollar Store glass bits.

What to make of it? I don't know. I'm the last to know, but I'm not finished yet either. Needs mirrors and something else . . .

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Whoa. That's pretty intense. Her gaze is so unnerving!

I like the idea of your using found bits. Seems to be your way, to make a go of whatever you have at hand to deal with. Inspired stuff, that.