Thursday, August 25, 2005

Three Kids Walk Into a Dentist's Office . . .

Well, they were in the Chair. I was in the Waiting Room. It was there I saw another woman casting on and in a rare fit of I-don't-know-what I decided to chat with her. Naturally, I asked what she was knitting: little dog coats. Oh. I'm still working on a sock with the Magic Loop and I reached into the bag to show her the booklet. She waved it away with her free hand and said, "Oh, I only knit one thing!" One thing? Dog coats? That's it? And she only uses Red Heart yarn. Nothing fancy, glitzy, luxurious; no stash?! It is here I discovered that I've become a Knitting Snob. I mean, how can someone in their right knitting mind knit only ONE thing? It's admirable in a way because she sells her little dog coats (her own design) at local pet shops, but only that one thing . . . At that point, I tried desperately to drop the conversation ~ it's clear she didn't have a clue. Luckily, her turn to hit the Chair came up.

The punchline is: Be careful who you knit with.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

A knit-wit, light on the wit, to be sure. ONE THING?!? Bo-ring!

Hey, toots, how about photocopying that Magic Loop booklet for me? Please please please?